10 questions on /ʃ/:
0 of 10 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 10 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. Which number is /ʃ/?CorrectIncorrect
2. Which word contains /ʃ/?CorrectIncorrect
3. Put the sounds into the order you hear them:
4. Which is the mouth position for /ʃ/?CorrectIncorrect
The tongue is raised to just behind the alveolar ridge (the roof of the mouth back from the teeth).
5. Which speaker has an old-fashioned accent?
SENTENCE: “The key issue we must negotiate is [sneezes]… sorry do you have a tissue?”
Old-fashioned pronunciation has /s/ instead of /ʃ/ in these places: ISSUE, NEGOTIATE and TISSUE
6. Which word DOESN’T contain /ʃ/?CorrectIncorrect
7. Put the words in the order you hear them:
8. Match the words to their pictures:
9. Which word or expression DOESN’T mean “be quiet”?CorrectIncorrect
One is a type of food!
10. Do you round your lips when you say /ʃ/?CorrectIncorrect
There is no right or wrong answer to this question.