0 of 10 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 10 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
You’ve finished the IPA quiz!
If you’re wondering why some IPA transcriptions use /e/ instead of /ɛ/ in WELL, or /eə/ instead of /ɛː/ in CHAIR – head over to our British English IPA Variations lesson.
For more practice, head over to the online lessons page and subscribe below to receive new lessons by email!
1. Match the transcriptions to the pictures:
2. Which sound can go in all 4 gaps to make words?CorrectIncorrect
3. Put the long vowel sounds in the order you hear them:
4. Match the transcriptions to the pictures:
5. Match the sounds to their common spellings:
6. Which speaker has a British accent?
“I’m waiting for the reports to turn up”.
Most British accents have a silent R in FOR, REPORT and TURN.
7. Which word DOESN’T contain a silent letter?CorrectIncorrect
8. Put the words in the order you hear them:
HID HEED HAD HAIRED HEAD HARD
9. Match the words to their pictures:
10. Make a question with the words: