0 of 8 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 8 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
You’ve /ˈfɪnɪʃt/, well done!
If you’d like to know more about centring diphthongs, see our latest blog post – The Monophthongalisation of Centring Diphthongs.
1. Put the sounds in the order you hear them:
2. Match the IPA with the pictures:
3. Which is the mouth position for /ɪ/?CorrectIncorrect
/ɪ/ is made with the tongue slightly forward, the jaw quite close and the lips unrounded.
4. Which speaker pronounces the words STEERING, GEARS, REALLY, WEIRD and HERE with [ɪː]?
The alternative pronunciation is [ɪə] so the words have a movement. Listen carefully to hear which speaker doesn’t move.
5. Which word’s -age ending ISN’T pronounced with /ɪ/?CorrectIncorrect
6. Put the sounds in the order you hear them:
7. Match the IPA to the pictures:
8. How do you pronounce the word ‘cheers’?
There is no right or wrong answer to this question…CorrectIncorrect