0 of 10 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 10 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. Tap to listen – which number is the schwa sound /ə/?CorrectIncorrect
2. Each word contains a schwa sound. Match the words to their schwa spellings:
EXAMPLE: in England /ˈɪŋglənd/ the schwa is spelt with the letter A.
3. Which speaker uses the most schwas in this sentence?
“It’s kind of round and a bit fluffy.”
4. Put the colours in the order you hear them:
5. How many schwa sounds do you hear in this sentence?
“These are the books for school.”CorrectIncorrect
6. Which picture shows the schwa mouth position?CorrectIncorrect
7. Match the pictures to their transcriptions:
8. Which of these weak function words DOESN’T actually exist?CorrectIncorrect
9. Which symbol represents the schwa sound?CorrectIncorrect
10. Which country name does NOT contain a schwa sound?CorrectIncorrect