0 of 6 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 6 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
SWEET /swiːt/, you’ve finished!
Recently we polled our Instagram followers on the difference between SHIP and SHEEP, these were the results:
We tested the words in milliseconds using a microphone – you can see the results here – “What is the difference between SHIIP and SHeeP?”.
1. Match the words to the pictures:
POLICE / FLEAS / FLEECE / PLEASE
2. Which mouth position is /iː/?CorrectIncorrect
/iː/ is made with the jaw close and the tongue pushed to the front of the mouth.
3. Which 3 words are pronounced with /iː/?CorrectIncorrect
4. Put the words in the order you hear them:
5. Which word is NOT a homophone?
A homophone is a word that has two spellings, for example /biː/ is both BEE and BE, so it’s a homophone.CorrectIncorrect
6. What’s the main difference between the pronunciation of these words:CorrectIncorrect
You could say SHIIIIIIIIIIP really long and it doesn’t become an animal. The key difference is not length.