10 questions on /p/ and aspiration:
0 of 10 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 10 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
If you’d like more on /p/ – see our original article /p/ – The Spit Sound.
1. Which box is an aspirated /p/ (tap to listen)?CorrectIncorrect
2. Which is the mouth position for /p/?CorrectIncorrect
It’s bilabial – the air is stopped on both lips.
3. Which word isn’t always spelt with P in written English?CorrectIncorrect
What happens when you eat too quickly?
4. What is aspiration?CorrectIncorrect
5. Which is the phonetic transcription of aspirated /p/?CorrectIncorrect
Aspiration sounds like a little /h/ sound.
6. Which 3 plosives are voiceless?CorrectIncorrect
Listen, which of the sounds don’t use the voice?
7. match the words with their transcriptions:
8. Which group of words contain an aspirated /p/?
9. Which word DOESN’T contain a silent letter P?CorrectIncorrect
10. Does the word ASPIRATION contain an aspirated /p/?CorrectIncorrect
The /p/ is after /s/.