10 question follow, you can refer back to the video lesson at any time:
0 of 9 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 9 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Ah, well done for finishing the quiz!
If you’d like next week’s lesson and quiz delivered to your inbox, subscribe at the bottom of this page!
1. Which number is /ɑː/ (tap to listen)?CorrectIncorrect
2. Which word is NOT pronounced with /ɑː/?CorrectIncorrect
3. Which is the mouth position for /ɑː/?CorrectIncorrect
4. Which speaker is from the South of England?CorrectIncorrect
In the South, speakers will say /ɑː/ in the words AFTER, GLASS, DANCE and LAUGH. People from the North will make these with short /a/.
5. Which word contains /ɑː/?CorrectIncorrect
6. Put the sounds in the order you hear them:
7. Which is NOT a word?CorrectIncorrect
8. Which speaker is northern?
Northern English speakers pronounce ASK, STAFF and MASK with short /a/, whereas southern English speakers pronounce them with /ɑː/.
10. Why do dentists ask patients to:
They probably want to see inside your mouth.