10 questions on /h/ and H dropping follow, you can refer back to the video at any time if you need to.
0 of 10 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 10 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Well done! You’ve completed the H dropping quiz! If you’d like to learn more about /h/, see our 2016 lesson with audio here.
And if you’d like a lesson and quiz delivered to your email every week, don’t forget to sign up on the home page.
1. Which person is an ‘H Dropper’? (Listen as many times as you need)CorrectIncorrect
2. Which word has a silent < h >:CorrectIncorrect
3. Which picture shows the mouth position for /h/?CorrectIncorrect
4. Question3. Which version of the question does the speaker say?CorrectIncorrect
4. Which type of sound is /h/?CorrectIncorrect
6. Match the words to their transcriptions:
7. Is /h/ a voiced or voiceless sound?CorrectIncorrect
8. Match the pictures with their IPA transcriptions:
GHERKINS are green, RHUBARB is red, you definitely know what a RHINO and a GHOST is.
9. Which speaker drops their H in the sentence “What’s her problem?”:
10. /h/ is the sound you make when you:CorrectIncorrect