10 questions on TH sounds follow, you can refer to the video to revise at any time.
0 of 10 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Thanks for taking the TH quiz! We hope you enjoyed it.
If you’d like to receive next week’s quiz by email, subscribe at the bottom of this page!
1. Which sound do you hear?CorrectIncorrect
2. Put these words in the order you hear them:
THIS THESE THOSE THUS
3. Which is the mouth position for TH sounds /θ/ and /ð/?CorrectIncorrect
They are dental sounds.
4. Which one of these words contains /ð/?CorrectIncorrect
5. Which sound do you hear?CorrectIncorrect
6. Which speaker is a ‘TH Fronter’?CorrectIncorrect
TH Fronting is when you replace /θ/ and /ð/ with /f/ and /v/.
7. Which word contains /ð/?CorrectIncorrect
8. You will hear three speakers, which one has an Irish accent?CorrectIncorrect
Irish accents tend to have plosive sounds similar to /t/ and /d/ instead of /θ/ and /ð/.
9. What type of sounds are /θ/ and /ð/?CorrectIncorrect
To make /θ/ and /ð/ you need to squeeze the air through a small gap – it sounds like friction.
10. Which of these is NOT a word?CorrectIncorrect