10 questions on intonation basics follow, refer back to the video at any time. Good ↘luck!
0 of 9 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
you’ve completed the intonation basics course! Sign up to receive a new pronunciation quiz every week:
1. Listen to the audio and put the sentences in the order you hear them (each one is repeated):
2. What is the ‘tonic syllable’?CorrectIncorrect
3. Which do you hear (listen as many times as needed)?CorrectIncorrect
4. Put the sentences in the order you hear them:
5. Which version do you hear (listen as many times as needed)?CorrectIncorrect
6. How many different ways (using intonation and stress) can you say this sentence:CorrectIncorrect
There are 3 intonation patterns (↘, ↘↗, ↗) and 3 possible tonic syllables (HAVE, THEY, LEFT) so there are 3 x 3 total possibilities.
7. Which version of the sentence do you hear?CorrectIncorrect
8. Put the sentences in the order you hear them:
10. Are you in bed?CorrectIncorrect